Auto Presentation Switcher
Vegard Lunde Wiik
Introducing the World’s First Cross-Platform Software Presentation Switcher
Auto Presentation Switcher (APS) can control multiple presentations and still-images inside your computer:
- Use buttons and shortcuts to switch between Keynote, Powerpoint and PDF-presentations
- Freeze the slide while you go out of the presentation to do edits
- Display other images on top of your presentation
APS can be an indispensable tool for Audio/Video engineers working with presentations:
- In large coorporate events, APS will simplify the workflow and reduce the number of computers necessary to handle presentations
- For smaller conference-setups, APS can replace the traditional hardware presentation-switcher
- When sharing presentations online through Zoom or Microsoft Teams, APS can act as a buffer between the computer and what is shared with the audience
- 64 bit PC with windows 10
- .Net 4.7.2 or later
- PowerPoint-software for PowerPoint-files
- 32-bit Adobe Reader or 32-bit Adobe Acrobat for PDF-files
- Read more
- Mac with Mojave, Catalina Big Sur or Monterey OS
- Intel and Apple Silicon processors are supported natively
- PowerPoint-software for PowerPoint-files
- Keynote software for Keynote-files
- Google Chrome or Adobe Acrobat for PDF-files
Switch presentations with shortcuts
When using Powerpoint, Keynote or PDF, Auto Presentation Switcher (APS) gives you extra shortcuts that lets you display, switch and close presentations.
Imagine a conference with multiple speakers and presentation-files in different formats. When new presenters are introduced to the stage it can be a challenge to open and display their presentations quickly enough. Common methods to solve this has been to use a hardware presentation switcher with an extra computer or render all the presentations together in one large file. Now you have another way to make the transitions:
APS is the first software-presentation switcher that works directly with the presentation-files through their original programs.
This means that you can work exactly the way you are used to with Keynote and PowerPoint except that you now have an easier way of switching and controlling the presentations. Our app runs silently in the background of your computer and will only be activated when you trigger the commands.
The commands for presentation-control will control other programs (Keynote, PowerPoint etc.) and in some cases also control your keyboard.
We use scripts that automate tasks which you could also do manually. With APS you will save valuable time and reduce the risk of doing mistakes while keeping a workflow that is similar to what you are used to.
Display images and screenshots
Our new image-viewer tries to solve the problem of what the presentation-computer should show to the audience when there is no presentation to display. For example, what if you are in the middle of a presentation and you discover that there is a mistake in the next slide? With APS you can now freeze the screen, exit the presentation, do edits and go back, and the audience won’t know what just happened.
And with our image-bank of 10 images you can easily display backdrops and logos before, between and after the presentations, creating a seamless and flexible workflow inside the box.
All the commands for APS can be found in the popular Companion-software, which allows you control different devices using hardware-controllers over the local network. Feedback on the buttons will show if an image is displayed or ready to be used.
With our presets found in the Companion menu it is easy to drag and drop the buttons where you need them.
Trial version and licence
You can download the app and try it as much as you want in trial-mode. The one restriction is that it will close after 10 minutes every time you open it. To use the program without restrictions you can purchase a license from the “Store” page. The same licence works for both PC and Mac versions of APS.
User-account on Presentationtools.com
With a subscription-licence you can create an account on this site where you can monitor your licences, release licences from activated computers, and manage your subscriptions registered to your email-address.
- Powerpoint and Macbooks: How to use mirrored Presenter View in a 3 screen setup
- CueTimer 2.3 explained: Customize the outputs
- CueTimer 2.3 released: Images, Border, Date, Clock & Shadow
- With the high demand for people in live A/V, should we say hello to the A/V/L technician?
- The Return of In Person Events